RMTC-D/HH services include:
- Free-Loan Media and Materials Library
- On-site Technical Support
- On-site Observation and Consultation
- Technical Assistance via Telephone/Email/Virtual Office
- Information and Referral Services
- Language Evaluations/Assessments (ASL, Spoken English, Signed English)*
RMTC-D/HH services do not include:
- Serving as members of the IEP development team
- Serving in the role of professional or parental advocate
- Participating in performance evaluations of school personnel
- Provision of ongoing direct services
*RMTC-D/HH responds to requests for assistance from district staff regarding on-site observations and consultations, screenings, evaluations, and/or assessments for students who have hearing loss. Priority is given to districts identified as small and rural and/or who are currently receiving district-level supports and services
RMTC-D/HH responds to requests for assistance from school district staff and parents in the form of coaching, mentoring, consultation, and support as well as through the provision of accessible video content (captioned/signed) and professional development materials through the Media and Materials Loan Library. Technical assistance may be provided in the areas of; implementing assistive technology, accommodations, access to the general curriculum, specialized instruction, transition, sign language support, support for learning for students whose primary mode of communication is ASL, support for students who use listening and spoken language, and the identification of appropriate hardware and software for use with students who are deaf/hard of hearing. Technical assistance may be provided through onsite visits, virtual offices, resource/exhibit tables, community events, and other meetings or events.
Services from RMTC-D/HH are provided by request and at no charge to the school, district, or organization.